Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sewing Project (s) #2

So I had a few things that were just too big and needed to be taken in. About 6 months ago I took them to the Taylor, but he said the material was too difficult and he wouldn't do it in fear of ruining them. One was a pair of black slacks that have slits up the side of the legs and the other was a tan skirt with mesh over the top.

Usually I wouldn't blog about these, but these two items too more time and frustration then the jean skirt last week!!! I mean THEY REALLY WERE DIFFICULT!! The pants didn't come out as nice, but they are cool for the summer so I will keep them. The skirt looks good, which I'm happy about because it took hours and a lot of doing and undoing and redoing.

So here they are (sorry the pics are so bad!)

The pants are on the left with the slit in the side and the skirt on the right.


Had to shorten the skirt from the waste because the material looked so nice on the bottom, boy was that a mistake!! but I put the darts and everything in on the top myself!





Close shot of the slits. I took the pants in from the sides where the slits were... should have done it from the inside because it looks strange because of my lack of sewing skills.

No comments: