Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sewing Project #1

So I accidentally bought these jeans that aren't the right size. I tried to pawn them off on Monique, but she handed them right back. They were brand new, so I didn't want to throw them away! So I decided that I would make them into something.

This week I borrowed my bosses Sewing Machine. He had offered it to me before and this time I took it. He brought it over and when we opened it there was still Styrofoam in the box, a directional video wrapped in plastic and the chord still wound up neatly. ITS NEVER BEEN USED!! Poor, poor neglected sewing machine- I will use you!!!

I watched the directional video in Japanese, good thing I already know a bit about sewing or else I would have been in trouble. Got everything set up, did some practice things on scrap fabric and then went to work.

This is what Sewing Project #1 came out as:




The skirt looks better on! (I haven't quite mastered the art of taking pictures of myself.)

Hmmm... what will be Sewing Project #2... dum dum dum......

1 comment:

FunkyChicken said...

I think it turned out really well! What else have you been working on this week?