Thursday, July 24, 2008

Last day at kindergarten

Today was my last day at kindergarten. My last class was a few weeks ago, but I have been helping out for about 2 weeks. They had me stand up and they said thank you and good luck in my future and I couldn't help but start crying. The idea that I will never see their faces, play tag, heal a wound or sing a song there ever again made tears fall with no shame. They gave me flowers and asked me to give a speech, but words could not come out. I just stood there crying and getting few trembling words out. Kindergarten has such a big place in my heart. I always felt loved, respected and appreciated there. I will truly miss working there and hope that I have made an impact on my students and co-workers lives the way they have on mine. I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to work there. I will miss it there terribly.


My Good bye flowers from the school


Present from one of my students. This page is of me and her.


Picture and thank you note ( Im pretty sure her mom wrote it)



And the last page is a picture of her, her mom, me and Nathaniel


Eiji and Asunaro coloring me some pictures (they are 3 years old)



Best friends who wanted a picture taken really badly... lol


Some of the older students (Yuushun, Suzu, Rio and Mihana)


Group shot of the 4 year olds!

Sumire Class (teacher is Yoshiko. Kids:Nagi, Shu, Haruto, Kenya, Renka, Rana, Takuma, Emika and Yuu)

Tanpopo Class waving me Good bye and Good luck! I love this class!

2 comments:

Bri said...

awww thanks! I like reading yours too!

FunkyChicken said...

Awww, it must be so hard saying goodbye to these little squirts! I am sure they will remember you though!!! And you will always remember them!!