Saturday, October 25, 2008

Across Country Trip: Day 18

Day 18: October 11, 2008 - Shannon and Manny's Wedding

The whole reason why I was in Florida was for my step-sister Shannon's Wedding. Manny and Shannon are so well matched. They give me hope in finding someone that I'm not only crazy about but someone that is a best friend and makes life work together. I was also very excited that they were getting married at Disney World... I love Disney! Its where you can be a kid and feels so playful!

The day came and my dad and step-mom woke up early to go help the bride and groom while my sister and I had the job of making sure our side of the family made it to the wedding ready and on time with out getting lost. We headed out wayyyyy early and got there early but sat and had a few drinks at a near by pool while we waited. It did start raining so we went to the lobby of where the wedding was held and waited for the rain to die down. Manny and Shannon asked if I would be one of the videoographers for the wedding since they couldn't afford a professional one and I had brought mine since I was traveling across country. I said yes of course. So as soon as we were allowed outside I set up my camera and found some good areas for some good shots of the wedding.

The wedding ceremony itself was only about 15 minutes long (THANK GOODNESS... long weddings are such a drag). They had a sand combining ceremony and it was beautiful. The guitar player was really good as well. Shannon looked beautiful and made a wonderful bride. The flower girl (Manny's Niece) was too cute!

After the wedding there were pictures and then a cocktail hour. The cocktail hour was a great idea. It gave the bride and groom time to take pictures and the guests time to sign their wedding board and relax and mingle. The reception was wonderful in my opinion! The cake was also very beautiful. Everything had an ocean theme to it. The cake had seashells and the tables had seashell like center pieces. The MC played really good timeless music that everyone could enjoy. But the best thing was the food!! This wedding food was amazing!! Everything from the pasts to the fish to the cake! I give it 100 thumbs up!

By the end of the night I was exhausted and ready for bed as was everyone else I think. And the next day we had to get up early to head to the ship for our 4 day cruise to the Bahamas!
Unfortunately since I was busy video taping I was unable to take pictures, but I did sneak only two in while we were in the limo going from the wedding to the reception. (we got to ride in the limo because we were the brides family)

Jeanne, Alisha and Jason with Grandpa Richard in the background

Me and Jessica in the limo

No comments: