Monday, October 6, 2008

Across Country Trip: Day 11

Day 11

The day started late like always. We decided to grab some bubble tea with tapioca in them, but the place that Jackie thought carried them said they didn't have them. So we headed to smoothie king. The smoothie was really good, but it was the vegan cookies that won my heart! I had a lemon poppy seed one and Jackie had the peanut butter one made by the Alternative Baking Company. I recommend them to anyone... vegan or non.

Then we headed to the Alamo. I was excited to see something so historical. However, I was disappointed that there were so many tourists. I did get the chance to see a movie about the Alamo, the museum and a story teller. Then we walked around down town San Antonio and took a quick peek at the River Walk. Then we came back just in time to rest for a minute before we took off to the movie theater with Al.
At the Alamo
Jackie and I at the Riverwalk

Clouds from the movie theater that looked cool

We saw Nick and Nora's Infinite Play List. I really liked it! It was funny and cute! I suggest you see it if you love Romance Comedies.

After the movie we got all dolled up and Jackie and I went to The Tower of Americas for dinner. Its the tallest building in San Antonio that rotates so you can get a 360 degree view. It was incredible!!! We shared Lobster Egg rolls, Crab and Shrimp Fondue (INCREDIBLE!!!), Pear and Saga Salad and Lobster Bisque. It was all incredible!!!!!!! The price was not as bad as I was expecting. All that food plus drinks came to $70. Not bad for one of the nicest places in the city. Jackie and I chatted, took in the view and stuffed our bellies. Then we decided to go walking down the River Walk. The River Walk is really cool and a great place to people watch. Jackie isn't a big drinker or clubber, but there were a lot of cool clubs and bars for people to sit out side at! I loved it!
Getting ready for dinner
Crab and Shrimp Cheese Fondu
Lobster Spring Rolls
Lobster Bisque
Where we had dinner at
Tower of Americas

All in all it was a great day! Dinner was fantastic and the walk was lovely.

2 comments:

jun said...

Hi! I heard this blog from lesley and read. I found Ryoma's photo in your June's blog. This is so cute! And thank you for wrote about us.(^-^)

FunkyChicken said...

No blogging for a while...

Hope you are okay!!!