Sunday, August 2, 2009

lots of drama

Oh my! What a week I have had!

Where to start?!

Well good news first. I did find a new place to live. Its a four bedroom townhouse in Maryland (off Grosvnor/Strathmore Metro). I will be living with two guys, one a 30 year old elementary school teacher and the second a 28 year old guy who works for the government and has a girlfriend. They seem pretty clean and respectful. I will have two small rooms (kids sized) and am excited to move in there on Sept 1st! YAY

I had a few boy issues this week, but seem to have gotten my head in the game and made some difficult (but I am happy with) decisions.

Thursday night I woke up in the middle of the night to my very rude roommate having a party. The kind of party with under-age drinking, beer pong and tons of alcohol. She didn't warn me, she didn't knock on the door and say "Sorry, it just kind of happened". So at 1am I got pretty pissed because I had to work in the morning and called her to come and talk to me. I told her that I had to go to work in the morning and that I would appreciate it if they could keep it down and she had the audacity to roll her eyes at me and walk away. Luckily for her, her boyfriend apologized for her and said he would take care of it. He didn't. So I called security. I am not sure if they ever came or no though. So I kept falling asleep to be woken up by some yelling drunk punk ass kid. I was pissed and tired all the next day.

Since I found my new place I was excited to be able to move out of my current apartment early, especially after the fiasco of Thursday night and thought (especially because of how rude she has been) that my roommate would be happy I was leaving earlier, so I wrote my roommate a check for half a months rent and wrote he a note saying Id be gone by the 16th and left it on the table next to drunken strangers sleeping in the living room. I came home to an email that threatened to take me to court over the half a months rent check and no 30 day notice. I was pretty pissed seeing as how she had given me 60 days to vacate the property. All this without every signing a lease! AND, here is the real kicker, we lived in subsidised housing and if they found out I live here they would kick her out because we make too much money together to live here!!!! So after yelling, and shouting, after threats and rude remarks. I gave in and told her that if my new a roommates were cool with it, then I would pay her for all of August and move into the new place in September. She lucked out because although the guy was pissed that he was going to have to pay for ALL of August, he was still eager to have my in the townhouse. So two people bent over backwards to help my current roommate out because she cant budget or plan for things like this to happen financially. I am too nice.

Also, found out tonight that our head teacher will be quitting to get a new job closer to her home. Maybe that will open some possibilities for me. We will see.

So all in all things have been full of drama! I AM TIRED OF DRAMA! I HATE DRAMA! But I guess that's what our lives are consumed by. If its not one thing its another!

However, super excited, will be visiting Japan in September!! !YAY! I cant wait!

No comments: