Sunday, November 23, 2008

AFU

All Fired Up

That's where I am working part time for now.

I work part time at both of the stores that the owner owns. One is down the street and the other is about a 20 minute metro ride away. The one down the street has a very professional feel and the other is more fun and free style feeling. The owner Liz is interesting.... still feeling her out.

Its fun! I have always wanted to work at a ceramic painting place. Its a lot of unloading the kiln and loading the kiln. Unloading boxes, stacking shelves, cleaning and what not. I love it when I get to work with the kiddies. None of the work is difficult, but it is difficult learning the style of the shops. The people that work there are interesting, very artsy and beet to their own styles. I struggle to remember things like stapling on the right side, matching the water bowl with the brush cup... silly little things that I think shouldn't matter so much.

But its work. Not brain surgery. Its something to tide me over while I look for a full time job that I want. But it doesn't pay very well.

The big plus is that after 30 days I start getting 40%off anything I paint or do in the shop!! YAY!! Big plus!!

I am tired and therefore terrible at keeping up with blogs and emails, but I will get in the swing of things soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for ya Mon!! <3 I miss you. =[