Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ready for a new adventure

I yern to travel. I want to be excited and giddy about a new place again. I want to smell and feel the adventure that lies ahead. I miss having a companion that travels by your side playing cards on the train, singing songs in the rain, laughing when you cant understand the language, and ranting and raving when you cant find a place to stay for the night. I feel like my sense of adventure and freedom is leaking slowly out of my body and being replaced with the older more common sensed adult.

I miss seeing new things and being awe stricken constantly. I miss the adventure of not knowing where I will be the next day or who I might run into on the streets. I once ran into a friend in the middle of the dead city of Pompei, met an American on her birthday in a pub in Florenza, drank in Paris with a Russian, got seated by an American in Hard Rock Belfast and hung out with a high school friend in New York City.

Sure Japan was an adventure two years ago, but now its just my everyday life. Nothing exciting and new happens anymore except for the occasional visitor or foreigner I can show around.

Is this what its like to grow up? If it is then I'm bored already.

No comments: