Thursday, November 1, 2007

Missing holidays

Today was another normal everyday kind of day, this usually would not bother me in the slightest; but knowing that across the Pacific Ocean an entire country is dressing up, passing out candy and having a fun and unique day, makes ache to be back in the US.

Today is Halloween. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!! Costumes, face paint, sweets, haunted houses, screams, scary stories, ghost hunts, parties, scary movies.... just some of the wonderful points to Halloween. Who could hate a day (yes was originally a serious and less commercialized holiday) where you can dress up in a costume and make up while running around scaring people and acting like a food without society viewing you as insane?!!!

On a serious note, days like to day make me miss "my old life". I love holidays and entertaining people and American holidays are perfect for those. Hearing stories from friends and family about Halloween, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Easter, St. Patricks day.... make me feel homesick for the States. I have good memories and I dwell in those and think of the things I want to do on those holidays when I get the chance to move back, but I still feel "left out" (for lack of better words).

Is there a holiday you miss?? A day you miss being with crazy friends or loving family?? A holiday or day that just lets you express you?!

If you live in a different country and answer "no" to these questions, then just take my word for it.... you haven't been away long enough yet. If you answered "Yes" well... then you aren't alone.

No comments: