Monday, August 16, 2010

Life

Life is strange.

It takes you to places you'd never thought you'd go. It forces you to experience things you were never certain you wanted to experience. It brings you close to people you never thought you'd see again. It throws you curve balls you never really wanted. It gives you what you need and also what you dint. Its life.

Life is not fair. Life is not kind nor harsh, it just is. For each person, the path of life is different. Each path as unique as each individual. Yet, we compare our life paths to others, we value ours based on how others perceive it, we feel a need for others to want or desire our paths more than theirs. This makes us feel complete, but why?

Why cant we just accept our life, our paths, who we are as unique? Why cant we all agree that no one has a perfect life or path, that we all have our obstacles? That its OK to be different, to struggle? Its in our uniqueness, in our strangeness and in our struggles that we learn to appreciate those moments of happiness and contentness. Its those life struggles that make us who we are.

My life has not been perfect, I can blame so many people and things and most importantly myself for these struggles; but really I am glad I have had moments of hardship and struggle, it helps me to have compassion and understanding for others. I have learned from those moments and most importantly, it has allowed me to appreciate the good days even more.

My life is a good one, not a perfect or amazing one, but a good one. And for this I am thankful.

No comments: